I am a little fussy when it comes to my lip products. I want something with the right amount of pigmentation and will last all day without drying out my lips. Of course there is also the colour selection, this is just as important as the formula.
I recently picked up the Maybelline Color Jolt Intense Lip Paint in 05 Stripped Down. Of course I found it on sale at my local Coles, sometimes I feel like Coles is the only shop I go to. They only had one colour choice at the time but I have noticed they have a couple more options now. So I think I might pick up some more to try in the near future.
The colour is a really pretty nude great for every day wear.
These are different to other lip products as they come in a small tube with a sponge/foam type applicator on the end and a screw top lid. They remind me of the Too Faced Melted Liquified Longwear lipstick packaging wise. However I have not tried these so I cannot say if the product itself is similar or not. The packaging makes them easy to throw into your bag for on the go touch ups. I also found it was easy to apply and touch up when needed.
There is 6.4 ml which is a good amount of product. Some of my lip glosses have only 3.8 ml in comparison. So I think it is great value for money.
The tubes are coloured the same as the lipstick which makes it easy to tell them apart.
The pigmentation was awesome. I only needed one coat to get great colour. Lasting power was pretty good too. I did touch up after lunch but that was after 6 hours of wear and eating, so this is to be expected. However I could have left it as it was as there was still enough colour to finish the day. The colour is a really pretty nude which is great for every day wear.
My only complaint, and it is minor, I do find by the end of the day my lips can be a little dry but nothing drastic. I didn’t find it uncomfortable or the need to reach for a lip balm. I have had worse! Would I buy this again? Yes
Have you tried any of the Maybelline Lip Paints? What is your favourite colour? Let me know in the comments xx
- Primer: Mecca Cosmetica Soft Focus Smoothing Primer
- Foundation: Elle Bache in dark beige mixed with Maybelline Matte and Poreless in 220
- Powder: Too Faced Cocoa Powder Foundation in Medium
- Contour: LA Girl Concealer in Beautiful bronze
- Bronzer: Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Powder in Havana
- Concealer: Maybelline Age Rewind in Medium under eyes and Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in custard to Highlight
- Blush: Napoleon Blush Duo in number 3
- Eyeshadows: Makeup Geek shadows in Frappe, Cocoa Bear, Bitten, In the spotlight and Americano
- Eyeliner: Mac Costa Riche
- Mascara: Too Faced Better Than Sex
- Lips: Maybelline Lip Paint in Stripped Down