I love a good mask! My skin always feels so clean, smooth and refreshed afterwards that I just want to keep touching my face. My favourite is The Body Shop Warming Mineral Mask (you can read my review here). So when I try different masks I tend to compare them back to this.
If you are anything like me and enjoy scrolling Instagram beauty accounts you will have seen the recent release of Loreal’s three different clay masks. I picked up the red mask which exfoliates & smooths with 3 pure clays and red algae.
Website claims: ‘The L’Oréal Paris Laboratories have combined 3 Pure Clays with the cleansing properties of Red Algae extract to create a mask that exfoliates the skin and refines pores.
- INSTANTLY: Your skin is softer, smoother & it’s texture is refined.
- IN 7 DAYS: Pores are tightened and irregularities are reduced.
- DAY AFTER DAY: Your skin becomes smoother. It is visibly transformed, more radiant & beautiful.‘
How to use:
On Cleansed Skin: Use 2-3 times a week. Apply a thin layer over the entire face, concentrating on problem areas such as the cheeks. Avoid the eyes and lips. Leave for 10-15 minutes, massaging in smll circular movements for additional exfoliation. Rinse with warm water or a wet towel.
The mask is in a clear glass jar with a screw top lid. The jar is deceptively small as it only holds 50mls of product but looks like it would hold more. I love the feel of the glass jar as it feels expensive and being in a jar you can get every last drop of the product out without cutting a tube open and scraping it out. I do however worry about bacteria getting in. So I used the handle of my brush to scrape out some product before applying with my brush.
- My face feels amazing afterwards and it is super clean. I like a good exfoliation that leaves baby smooth skin. In saying that this is one of my most intense scrubs I have ever used so If you don’t like a harsh scrub I would be gentle when removing this mask.
- The packaging is great as I can get every last drop out.
Now onto the things I didn’t overly like (or didn’t work for me):
- The smell is not overpowering or really awful, but it is a little odd. It doesn’t make me want to use it all of the time.
- I am not sure if it is just the hot humid weather at the moment, but I don’t feel like this helps the size of my pores. In honesty, I think my pores look a little enlarged after using this mask. Weird I know as it is supposed to do the opposite. I am hoping it is just the weather so I will try it again in the cooler months and update you when I do.
- The price. Working in finance I often let the money side of things come into my choices. The Body Shop Warming Mask is 100g for $24.95 this works out as $0.24 cents per gram. The Loreal one at full price is 50g for $20.00 and works out to $0.40c per gram.
Would I buy this again? No I don’t think so. I might be tempted to try the black one but I maybe a little more hesitant when I do due to the effect of my pores with this one.
Have your tried these masks? Would love to know what you thought. Left me know in the comments below. xx