Todays blog post is a little different. Towards the end of January I was nominated by the lovely Sarah from Blush off the Haters for The Blogger Recognition Award! Thanks Sarah! Sarah blogs about her passion – makeup! So as you can guess, I love reading her posts and I also follow her on Instagram @blushoffthehaters.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated
them and provide the link to the post you created.
The story of my blog – I started my blog only a few months ago. November last year to be exact. Being someone that has loved makeup for a very long time I often spend my spare time watching you tube reviews and tutorials, reading blogs and looking at makeup photos on Instagram and Pinterest. Always in awe of all the creative things people where doing. Eventually I decided I was ready to start my own Instagram page and Blog. My blog is still a work in progress but I am enjoying every minute of it.
My advice – Being a fairly new blogger I’m not sure I am a good one to give advice, but here goes…
- Go for it! For so long I held back for so many reasons. Lack of confidence, the fear of being judged (especially by those I know), uncertainty of where to start and whether anyone would actually want to read what I had to say. Then one day I just sat down and did it! and guess what, I loved it! I decided that even if only one person read my blog I didn’t care, because I loved writing it, playing with the products and taking the photos. I also decided judgmental people will judge me no matter what I do, so hey I may as well be doing something I love!
- Write about the things that make your heart sing! When it is something you are passionate about the words just flow! This will always show when people read your blog.
Blogs I have nominated:
This is really difficult because as I look through the blogs I follow most of them have already been nominated! So I have decided not to nominate as such but to list some of my favourites. If you see anyone that you have seen before, pop over and say hi, letting them know I sent you. If you are listed below and have not already been nominated feel free to participate.
- Rebecca Faye – lifestyle and beauty blog
- Hannahessonx – Beauty Blog
- The Beauty Spy Glass – Beauty and Lifestyle Blog
- Elley Mae – Beauty, Lifestyle and design Blog
- Thirteen Thoughts – Beauty and Lifestyle Blog
- Emily Mae – Beauty Blog
- Amethyst Rose Beauty – Beauty Blog
- Destiny Jade Beauty – Beauty Blog
- Stevie Cakes – Makeup Blog
- Bright Lights Big City – PR and Lifestyle Blog
- The Blog Market – great for blogging tips and advice
I could go on and on listing my favourite blogs. The fun part is exploring and finding new blogs. There are so many talented people out there with so much knowledge to share. xx